|mGeN| Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
|mGeN| Gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome To The |mGeN| Forum!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stuffing
Founder
Founder
Stuffing

Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing Empty
PostSubject: Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing   Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Well hello there. Seems everyone in the graphics board is now in love with forum signatures, the new fad just like 8-bit was. Well, ill be the first to tell you, I aint the best at them, but its ridiculous to see how many people dont know what makes a good forum signature. So this thread is dedicated to users who wanna take some time and learn the basics of what makes a good forum sig. If you have any input to add, please post as I know I am no expert in these but I am making this to educate some of the newer users attempting them

What to look for in a forum signature:

Spoiler:

I am going to cover each one of the subjects above. These are in no specific order needed in the creation process, I am merely listing them as I did in the above list. For simple demonstrations I will be using a generic render with no background or the like, but for more in depth demonstrations I will pull work from professionals, so my credit goes to them here.

Lighting:

Spoiler:

Focal Points

Spoiler:

Depth:

This will probably be shorter than the other sections simply because depth is almost equivalent to the focal point in attaining them. Blurring is the main way to attain depth imo. It adds a great feel to the signature and allows the render to stand apart from the background.

To achieve this via blurring, you can use any of the different blur types, but the most effective are the Gaussian Blur and Radial Blur. Gaussian Blur blurs all the background but keeps the image in tact but adjusts the focus on it as if you were adjusting a camera lens. Radial Blur accomplishes the same thing with focus, but it adds a spinning effect to it. The blurred portions seem to be in a radial pattern, hence the name Radial Blur.[/spoiler]

Placement:

Spoiler:

Font Choice:

Spoiler:

Render Choice:

Spoiler:

And so concludes my tutorial (if you wanna call it that, more of a knowledge thread) on forum signatures. I hope this clears up some confusion and can expand the knowledge of you interested in forum signatures. They are a tough hill to climb, but once you get the hang of them, they come easier and easier.

Feel free to add anything in if you want, post it and ill edit this thread and give you credit. I am open to any criticism you have with this post.

I also would like to add in these things that can be most helpful to some of you members here thanks to Ranger for the ok on editing these in here:

How to properly rate someones work

Spoiler:

Constructive Criticism

Spoiler:

The Difference Between Constructive Criticism and Flaming

Spoiler:

Sizing for graphic design

Spoiler:

Signatures

Spoiler:

Banners

Spoiler:

Desktop Backgrounds

Spoiler:

Web Design

Spoiler:

Enjoi drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgengaming.com

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing   Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Very nicely put together Stuff. I'd add examples of some. When I get home I'll send you some.
Back to top Go down
frodo
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing   Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:07 am

I like making my Forum signature wider, which is indeed a personal preference... You didn't talk about color schemes... You should explain contrast versus blending, and help the newbies know what looks god awful, and what looks really nice. I've seen some really poor color choice among amateur graphic artists...
I prefer to create my sigs and banners in this size:
This is done by me for my OWN test forum, it's not a real minecraft server, don't worry, it was mostly to practice certain things...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing   Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Sig Knowledge Thread | How To Rate | Standard Sizing
Page 1 of 1